Friday, March 11, 2011

Pictures of 2, means another done

So here is are the pictures of Baby C's quilt.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.


Side 1
Side 2
 This is Prayers and Squares quilt #2.


As for my other happenings, I took one project off my project list as I gave it to Anna at church.  Anna is a relatively new quilter and she was interested in doing some work with diagonals.  With having the half square triangle project in the cupboard I gave that to her, with the condition that it becomes a Prayers and Squares quilt.  Gave her a quick explanation on half square triangles and off she goes.  I'm so happy to be able to share this passion with someone else.

After finishing Baby C's quilt I just didn't know what I wanted to work on next.  I have nothing that is needed to be done so I worked on a  couple of bags.  One was the Schlep bag that Lia gave me.  The other a quick little tote with pre-quilted fabric.  I'll post a picture as soon as I get a chance.  

Next I decided to work on the tree skirt.  This is a new pattern with funky rulers so I figured it would be a good idea to do a practice quilt.  Picked out fabrics for a kids quilt for Lia's church.  Boy am I ever glad I did this as I made a mistake in cutting which could have been catastrophic if I had not had extra fabric.  

Today Lia and I went to Bear Patch today to find backing fabric.  It was a relatively successful as I bought backing for 4 quilts, some more 30's reproduction for my English paper piecing, and the batting for our wedding quilt.  So excited to get moving on the wedding quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment