Friday, July 29, 2011

Long time no see

Boy I haven't posted in a long time.

In April I was working on my boys vests for their first communion.  I have never completed a garment before so this was quite the little project.  That 5/8" seem allowance was quite the change from my regular 1/4".


In May and June I was working on fleece blankets for the June Jubilee and for my kids.  Never thought I would actually work with fleece, sacrilege...

After that I started working on some quilts.  Of course that was between softball and baseball practice and games!

Finished these 2 for Lia's kids quilt mission at her church. 


Last year when we were at the New Jersey State Fair, I pick up this animal print for their block challenge.  You would pay $5.00 for a fat quarter of fabric, do the block and it would be entered in to a contest at the state fair.  So mine will be there in the 2011 fair.  They then put the blocks together and raffle off the quilt at the next state fair, 2012 for my block, for Quilts of Valor.  It's always fun to do something different.

Finally, this quilt is for the Luther Point Quilt Auction.  Lia donated the top and I did the quilting.  

 Next up are some Prayers and Squares quilts.  Have 4 ready to bind.

No comments:

Post a Comment