Monday, December 7, 2015

Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long Week 10

Week 10 brings us #10-Ava and #26- Daffodil.



#10- Ava


Ava was done by just measuring, cutting and piecing, nothing real eventful (thank goodness). The only stumbling block was rotating one of the stripe blocks 90 degrees so a bit of ripping was involved.  The block worked out almost exactly 6 1/2".  I belive I am better at having a consistent 1/4" seam allowance.

#26- Daffodil 


Daffodil proved to be a bit more frustrating.  I have done quite a bit of paper piecing throughout my quilting life so it isn't intimidating for me.  But...when I do a bonehead mistake I am reminded to concentrate better.  What I did was put a green fabric in palce of a white, even though I had the paper marked correctly.  As Homer, Simpson that is, would say, "Doh,"


2 comments:

  1. Daffodil was certainly a bit trickier, but both of your blocks look great! I love the attention to detail you used with your stripe orientation in Ava. It's little things like that that make a block go from great to fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassandra, Thank you so much for noticing the stripes and the complement. Also, thank you for looking at my blog, you are my first comment!!! I truly feel honored.

      Jane

      Delete