Monday, December 21, 2015

Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long Week 12

Week 11 brings us #86- Priscilla and #9- Autumn


First was Priscilla, #86


This block as good and bad. I have been wanting to use this polka dot fabric for quilt so time.  I love this fabric and wasn't really thrilled with the color combinations I used with it's last block, Sara.

The bad was I struggled wiith paper piecing. I don't know want happened but on of the black "spires"  got too wide. After taking the picture I went back and took out the puckers.   Very frustrating.

Second block this week is #9- Autumn


This block seems appropriate with for the week Christmas with the center looking like a nicely wrapped package.  It was also very comfortable to do as it was NOT paper pieced.  I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong paper piecing.

These are the last blocks for a couple weeks.  Next week I will post a couple of my other recent finishes.





No comments:

Post a Comment