I did Addie twice. Here they are:
Being that Addie has such a large piece in the middle I wanted to use a fabric with a big print. Starting with the top one, the center fabric was what started the whole color scheme. I didn't want to use this same fabric in the outer point becuse I thought it would blend too much with the black. Once I finished it I thought the inside fabric looked pieced rather than one piece of fabric.
So I did the bottom one.
With further review, I like them both. Good thing I dont need to decide which one tp use for a while.
Now here's Milly.
I liked her right away. I really wanted to use the grey fabric in this one. Glad it worked out.
This block kept nagging at me. The first one was way too busy. Then changing the light to grey just didn't give it the impact I wanted. The third one was still too busy. Now I realized the problem was the dark fabric. Changed the dark to a black batik and it was a hit! I sure hope next week's blocks don't involve half square triangles!
My tip for this week.
I put 1/4" tape on a ruler outlining the size of the finished pice. Then cut once you have it where you want it.