Sunday, October 18, 2015

Farmers Wife Quilt-a-long Weeks 1-3

So I started a bit behind on the quilt-a-long (QAL) due to needing to finish up a quilt for church.  For many of the blocks I have done so far, Elmer's washable glue has been a godsend, even Bonnie that I paper pieced.  The fabrics are left over from doing my daughter's quilt.

Week 1 bocks were #16- Bonnie, #12- Becky, and #8 Aunt

Being that this was my first block I'm learning to try to fussy cut better. 
 

 

Week 2- #14- Betty and #20- Caroline


Week 3- #13- Belle and #24 Coral

This Belle block was the only block I paper pieced so far.  It involved Y seams which were a fun challange.  Again, extolling the virtues of Elmer, the Y seems were no issue.  Loved not having the pins to deal with.

This as all of them so far:

Again, Elmer and heavy starch have sure been my friends.  I have never in 28 years of quilting had such consistantly accurate points.  

So far I am very pleased with the results.









No comments:

Post a Comment