Friday, January 21, 2011

Finishing and Ripping

Yesterday was baby quilt day.  I finished quilting the one for Lia.  It was a toughy.  Quilting stars on the inside was an easy decision.  The inner border was easy too, just a squiggly line.  Now for the outer border.  I wanted to do a sort of a large S but I just wasn't feeling it.  So I looked through a bunch of books.  Ended up with my first thought.  It worked out fine, I think.

Then I moved on to working on my baby quilt.  Cut some of it out, sewed the strips together, cut the strips to correct size, realized I was using directional fabric.  I then proceeded to rip out the 2 1/2" squares I had just put together.  Oh it will be so much better with the direction going the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment