Today's goal was to finish the backing of the first Prayers and Squares quilt. This was to be a bit of a challenge as I needed to to put a cross on the back and I wasn't sure exactly how I would do this. So I figured it out, did the cross and I was quite pleased. After laying the top over the backing and the backing, I discovered the back was too small. Oopsie-daisy. Immediately I knew I had a few choices. First, rip it out and do it all over again. Second, put a border like piece around the whole thing in the same color or in a different color. Finally, cut down the top to fit the back.
I can tell you that cutting the top was the last of the options. For a brief second I thought about ripping but then decided to to try the other option. I found a coordinating fabric but wasn't to sure about that. So I went to my reliable source, my Johnag. His thought was to use the same fabric and add it all the way around. That is what I went with.
So that's how my simple project became an oopsie. Not a big error, just a little bit of frustration.
Next is to get it tied then bound. Tying will take place Monday night at church then to bind.